Saturday, 21 May 2011

(Not so) daily outfit - Graduation day!


Okay, so I've been really terrible at posting recently. In my defence, I've been super busy working up to Graduation Day! Here in New Zealand we don't have high school graduation in cap and gown, only school prizegiving (where it's most common to wear the school uniform), so the full academic-dress-robes graduation is reserved for finishing university.

This was my second graduation - last year I graduated my BA and chose to wear a lolita dress under my robes (Baby's She is Sleeping dress in white, plus pink lace tights and black high heels). This year, I went for a white (well, cream) dress again, but chose a slightly more grown-up frock and a pair of really freaking awesome high heels. Because it's not every day you graduate a Law degree, and heck yes I was going to do it in hot pink and cream suede platform heels with pink rosettes on the toes!

Details (click picture for larger version): Cream lace paper-bag waist dress, Kate Sylvester. Hot pink and cream suede heels, Ultra Shoes. Cream pearl necklace, vintage via Trademe. Pearl brooch, vintage via Trademe, borrowed from my flatmate (this was excellent for keeping my robe hood in place). Academic robes and mortarboard, from my university.


Bonus: me and my baby sister! She's adorable, and see? My shoes, they are fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment