Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Double daily outfit: All boots all the time!


This was a couple of weeks ago and was for a casual day at work. I really like how the patterned sleeves of this top add a pop of colour to an otherwise quite monochrome outfit. Also, boots! I lived in these pretty much daily last winter, and I suspect much the same will happen this winter.

Details (click picture for larger version): Black merino top with kimono-print sleeve detail, Frutti. Black embroidered skirt, Dotti, via Trademe. Brown belt, Pagani. Black tights, supermarket. Brown slouchy boots, Overland Shoes. Black cotton textured scarf, vintage, gifted. Gold acorn pendant, gifted.


I really, really like this outfit - it's extremely comfortable, perfect layering for this time of year and in my opinion is super cute! Pro-tip: this dress has a slightly high waistline, about two inches above my natural waist, and I find that belting at this point makes your legs look extra-long even in flat shoes. The More You Know (sparkly rainbow). Speaking of flat shoes, these are my New Boots and I utterly adore them. Winter does have its good points, and one of them is being able to live in knee-high leather/suede boots for six months.

It's not hugely noticeable, but this was also the day after I had my hair cut and COLOURED, oh gosh! I've never dyed my hair in the past (up until just under a year ago, I had super SUPER long hair down to my hips, so I was a bit iffy about dye) but I really like the effect. My hairdresser put fine foils of a darker copper right through, and it's darkened it up to a lovely rich red for winter. 

Details (click picture for larger version): Black merino top with ruched sleeve detail, Glassons. Blue/black tartan dress, Primark. Black patent belt, Cue. Black tights, supermarket. Black suede boots, Mi Piaci. Paisley silk scarf, borrowed from my flatmate. Knit hat, Glassons. Brown tooled handbag, vintage via Trademe.

No comments:

Post a Comment