Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Daily outfit: black and brown and a pop of red


So I was all set this morning to try out a semi-mori-inspired outfit with my newly altered Midsummer Night's Dream skirt. And then I actually got out of bed, and it was raining and HOWLING GALE SOUTHERLIES (which, for Northern Hemisphere readers, gust up pretty much straight from Antarctica and are made of cold and wrong and bad). Metservice said it was 4 degrees with windchill, which Google tells me is around 39 degrees in Fahrenheit. It was COLD. Lacy pretty things were out. Merino dress and fur and tights were definitely the order of the day (plus a coat and scarf and hat as soon as I stepped outside). The blouse/sweater combo I'm wearing is actually a sweater-dress, which I adore but which shrank in the wash the first time I washed it (I swear, I was doing everything right) and is now a bit too short to wear as a dress. GUTTING. But at least it'll get a load of use this winter tucked into other things, and bonus: it'll keep my bum warm. Oh, fashion, you are such serious business.

Details (click picture for larger version): Black merino sweater-dress, Fred Perry. Red riding hood embroidered skirt, Baby the Stars Shine Bright. Brown belt, Glassons. Black tights, supermarket. Brown slouchy boots, Overland Shoes. Pearl earrings, gifted. Brown fur stole, vintage, via my alteration. Red lipstick, MAC Russian Red.

1 comment:

  1. Charming outfit, I like the mix of neutrals. It's kind of both odd and very neat to read about getting dressed for colder weather while I'm figuring out how to dress for the suddenly scorching heat!

    ReplyDelete